Opening

On Aug 17, 2018 a team of missionaries from Elevate Church in Monroe Michigan will travel to Choluteca, Honduras to work with Great Comission Church to share the gospel by working to restore the physical and spiritual needs of the least, last, and lost of the community. The team will share our experiences and how God is changing our lives and impacting the people of Honduras on this blog

Friday, August 24, 2018

The Lord gives the right answer

Proverbs 16:1
We can make our own plans, but the Lord gives us the right answer.


Tuesday was the day to pour the concrete floor in the home for Jose and Kelin. I love the process of smoothing out the concrete with a trowel and doing the “shimy” with the 2x2 wood. In every home that we have built I have been a part of this process and I was really looking forward to helping. I picked up a trowel but quickly realized that the local construction team would be doing the floor, not the missionaries. I can’t lie. I was disappointed. But God knew the plan he had for me was the right one. I spent the afternoon “moving rocks” with little Angel and his plastic truck. We played ball and drove cars around in the dirt. I got to talk to Kelin about her family.  God put me in a place to experience relationship, being present and experiencing pure joy!

1 comment:

  1. Relationship and just enjoying each other’s company - that is so much more of a gift - pure joy for sure

    ReplyDelete